Friday 17 August 2012

Mountains inspired by Ladakh Landscape

The mighty mountains and landscape of Ladakh  is here in my new painting  in Acrylic.Shades of red on the mountains  speaks out for  the energy and magnificence of the region.The streams and the rivers though beautiful are overpowered by these mountains.There is no reference photos . This is just what came to mind when I think of Ladakh. Enjoy and let me know your valuable comments. 
Painting in acrylic on stretched canvas(Fine Art),size  12x 24 inch.  

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog title ~ am your latest follower and your painting is very expressive and creative ~ Carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou carol for following and your encouraging words

      Delete
  2. Love the colors on the mountains--you've really captured some depth--nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely piece! I feel peaceful and calm when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete