Friday 3 August 2012

Landscape from Ladakh in acrylic

Glad to start of on my paintings again . I was restless during my holiday when I could not  paint all those beautiful landscapes that I saw each  day for the past one week.The pictures changed each minute when we travelled up and down the mountains. The valleys had  greens and yellows in plenty and the streams trickling down the colourful stones were chilling but  out of this world. The bare mountains had snow and sometimes are just rocks,Mountains were reflecting colurs red,brown ,ochre and ash. Patterns of glaciers which melted and came down drew tree like pictures on these colourful peaks.Water in the panong lake was like a precisely cut gem stone like an aquamarine or amazonite etc or sometimes all.
My first painting in this series on ladakh  is in acrylic( I am not confident on watercolors just now for landscapes)I did a small painting  6*8inch  on canvas board , picture of a lake and the mountains beyond which are the snow capped himalyas  and the blue sky.I plan to do this on a larger scale later.Please send your comments.This picture is for my new friends who joined me to see ladakh.

No comments:

Post a Comment